The Directorate of Technical Education (DTE) is a government agency that works on technical and vocational education in the country’s human resources development (HRD). Technical Education Website www.techedu.gov.bd
The Department of Technical Education (DTE) was established in 1960 with five technical education institutions. Currently, the number has reached 128. Besides Government, there are 1100 Private SSCs (VOC), 500 HSC Business Management (BM) Colleges, 35 Basic Trade Link and 300 Personal Skill Development Training Aid nationwide. About six thousand officers, teachers, and staff are working under this department.
The Directorate of Technical Education promotes the quality of technical education, the standard enhancement and the standard of technical education through coordination with government policy and industry and national level institutes and other departments of the government.
Number Of Institute, Number of Subjects, Number of Programme In Technical Education
The central office of the Technical Education Department is located at F-4 / B, Agargaon Administrative Area, Sher-e-Bangla Nagar, Dhaka-1207.
Technical Education Programs:
The Technical Educations Directorate conducts short and long term technical and vocational educations and training (TVET) across the country.
BSC Engineering program in the Technical Education Board.
Under the academic control of Dhaka University, the BSC Engineering degree program is conducted in two of the following institutes:
- Technical Teachers Training College.
- Bangladesh Leather Technology College (Bangladesh College of Leather Technology)
Technical Education Engineering Colleges
In addition, under the Academic Control of Government Universities, BSC Degrees are offered in various Technology in the following institutes:
- Mymensingh Engineering College
- Sylhet Engineering College
- Faridpur Engineering College
- Barisal Engineering College
Diploma-in-Engineering Program Subjects & Institutes
Diploma-in-engineering programs were conducted at 49 government polytechnic institutes under the 29 academic Technology of the Bangladesh Technical Educations Board.
- Civil Technology
- Mechanical Technology
- Electrical Technology
- Electronics Technology
- Computer Technology
- Electro-Medical Technology
- Environment Technology
- Mechatronics Technology
- Graphic Arts Technology
- Glass Technology
- Chemical Technology
- Food Technology
- Environmental Technology
- Instrumentation and process control
- Power Technology
- Automobile Technology
- Refrigeration & Air Conditioning
- Surveying Technology
- Ceramic Technology
- Architecture and Interior Design Technology
- Civil (Wood) Technology
- Mining and Mine Survey Technology
- Garment Design and Pattern Making
- Computer Science and Technology
- Printing Technology
- Data Communication and Networking
- Graphic Design Technology
Technical Educations Vocational Programmes
The following institutions are working at the Certificate level (Basic Skill, NSS III, NSS II, and NSS I) to create skilled workers in the country:
- The SSC (Vocational) and HSC (Vocational) programs are running in 31 trades at 64 government technical schools and colleges.
- SSC (Vocational) program is under process in 22 trades at 100 Government Technical School.
- There are SSC (vocational) programs running in various trades in about 1000 private schools.
- Agro-Based Food
- General Electronics
- Building Maintenance
- Wood Working
- Civil Construction
- Computer & Information Technology
- Civil Drafting with CAD
- Mechanical Drafting with CAD
- Dress Making
- Dyeing Printing and Finishing
- Electrical Maintenance Works
- Farm Machinery
- Fish Culture and Breeding
- Food Processing and Preservation
- General Mechanics
- Livestock Rearing and Farming
- Machine Tools Operation
- Poultry Rearing and Farming
- Patient Care Technique
- General Electrical Works
- Plumbing and Pipe Fitting
- Refrigeration and air-conditioning
- Glass & Ceramics
- Fruit and Vegetable Cultivation
- Welding and Fabrication
- Architectural Drafting with Auto CAD
- Shrimp Culture and Breeding
Technical Educations HSC level, 600 Business Management (BM) colleges have the following five trades running:
- Computer operation
- Commercial development
- Secretarial science
- The basic trade school linkage program is being conducted in the Nine and tenth-class electives in 35 public / private schools.
- There are 300 private training institutes operating the para trades.
Reference: Ministry of Education.